Have you always wanted straighter teeth? If so, then dental braces may be the solution that you are looking for. While traditional metal braces are often associated with teenagers, there are many options also available for adults. Whichever age group you belong to, there are orthodontic treatments available with braces.
Do I Need Dental Braces?
Without the help of dental braces, jaw growth and tooth alignment can be affected. This can affect your overall oral health. Braces can be applied as early as age six, when a child’s jaw is still developing, and any malocclusion may be in its earliest stage.
Malocclusion is when there is an abnormal alignment of the upper and lower teeth. Your dentist or orthodontist will assess the malocclusion issues in relation to spacing and jaw alignment to determine the best type of braces.
Some Signs that You May be Experiencing Malocclusion:
- Overbite: Front teeth protruding over the lower teeth
- Underbite: Lower front teeth that overlap the upper teeth
- Open Bite: Upper and lower teeth not touching
- Excessive and irregular spacing between teeth
- Feeling of pain in the jaw or tenderness in facial muscles
- Crowded or overlapping teeth
For more information about braces, contact one of our offices today! We work with you to determine the best braces for improving your smile and jaw alignment.